A three year performance based course in musical theatre with optional level 4 diploma in dance teaching.
The three year performance based course is broken down into the following:
Students focus on:
- gaining skills in all practical disciplines of the curriculum
- understanding anatomy and physiology within the dancers body
- developing artistry in musical theatre genres
- building confidence and individuality
- exploring new styles of performance skills.
Students will also begin working on their optional teaching qualification studies.
Students build on the skills already learnt in Year 1 in order to:
- enhance their technique and style furthe
- strengthen acting and voice potential
- gain an understanding in business studies and how to market themselves as a performer
- increase awareness for audition preparation
- build their CV while performing within our in-house productions.
“Was the best three years of my life and has led me to a career in performing arts that I love! Thank you for your guidance and support” Ellie Manning
In the final year, students will:
- present the skills learnt during year one and two
- gain an in-depth knowledge in delivering performance skills in dance, singing and drama within professional theatre and industry related sectors
- learn how to evaluate, develop and self promote personal talent
- aquire a greater emphasis on performance culminating in a final graduation showcase
- have the opportunity to take a final (optional) major examination.
Students taking the separate teaching certificate, will be registered as a qualified teacher within that subject upon successfully completing the final exam. This will enable the student to train their own pupils or teach at a performing arts school, or in mainstream education as a peripatetic tutor.